I cooked this for tea last week and I thought I would share it with you guys! It’s a really quick and simple tea but also looks quit sophis if you are entertaining. Also happens to be #glutenfree and #dairyfree The only thing that is a bit of a faff is the spiralizing, but I have now got a spiralizer that’s super easy to use, and hand held, and goes in the dishwasher. Result.
Links marked with an asterix are affiliate links. They indicate that the author receives a small share of sales through the related link at no cost to you.
It’s the OXO Good Grips Hand Held Spiralizer* I don’t use it how it is in the picture, I don’t use that mini extra bit, I hold the courgette in my left hand and the spiralizer in my right hand which I twist (I am right handed). It’s super easy- let me know if you want me to do a blog post on spiralizing and I’ll show you some photos!
Anyway, all very quick and easy if you have the right tools… on to the recipe…
- 2 Salmon fillets
- ½ tub hummus (any flavour, I used red pepper)
- 1 Red onion
- 2 Courgettes
- 8 Button mushrooms
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Heat the oven to 200 / 180 fan
- Prepare a tin with tin foil and grease (I use olive oil frylight)
- Put your salmon fillets on the tinfoiled tray
- Spoon ¼ tub of Hummus on to each fillet (you can add more or less to taste)
- Put the salmon fillets in the oven when it's fully heated. These will take 20 - 25 mins to cook
- Spiralise your courgettes, slice your mushrooms and dice your onion
- About 10 mins before the salmon is ready, grease a frying pan (I use olive oil frylight)
- Gently fry off the onion
- Add in the courgetti and a squeeze of lemon juice
- Add in the mushrooms and cook off for 5 - 10 minutes
- You'll know when the courgetti is cooked as it will be draker in colour and more limp looking (you will know what I mean!)
- And when everything is ready- serve!
You can switch up the flavour of this by changing the hummus type or by adding in some extra veggies and flavours to the courgetti. If you would rather have a bit more substance you can either swap the courgetti for regular spaghetti or just add a bit of spaghetti in to it as well!
This is really easy to multiply up for more people, work on the following per person:
- 1 salmon fillet
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 courgette
- 1/4 or 1/8 tub hummus depending on how much you want on there
- 4 little mushrooms
- A squeeze of lemon juice goes a long way!
I’d love to see your snaps if you make some of these, tag me on social media #juderiversbakes