Hello and welcome to my Cheat’s Homemade Pizza Pie recipe! I had a lot of great feedback on my Cheat’s Homemade Sausage Rolls recipe so I thought I would do a few of these cheat meals! Essentially these are recipes that include some ready made items and they make you look like a domestic god/goddess who makes everything from scratch!
So here is another one, Cheat’s Homemade Pizza Pie! I love a good pizza but I also like to get a lot of toppings involved so I love a Pizza Pie! Also spreading the base very thin does make it slightly healthier (to the extent that there is less of it…).
The trick to this is the ready made Pizza Dough Mix! I used a non gluten free version but I’m sure there are some gluten free ones out there if you are on a GF diet. I made two sorts of pies this week, one is also dairy free – so basically no cheese! I didn’t fill these pies up too much but you can literally pile in the goods! Here’s the recipe…
Cheat’s Homemade Pizza Pie
- 1 bag of Pizza Base Mix (I used Tesco’s, 145g bag)
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- Cheddar cheese
- Half an aubergine
- Yellow pepper
- Heat the oven to 220 / Fan 200 (double check your packet)
- Follow the instructions on the packet to make the dough- this one was just add luke warm water and knead
- Grease your pie dishes- I used olive oil fry light
- Roll your pizza bread mix out in to circles and push in to the dishes
- Leave to stand for 10 mins in a warm place (as per packet instructions)
- Mix tomato puree and garlic paste and spread on pizza base- I used a silicone brush
- Chop your cheese (if using) and add to base
- Chop other ingredients and add to base
- Cook for 15 -20 mins until cooked as desired, I like mine a bit crispy!
Press in your base…
Add the tomato and garlic paste
Add your fillings
- ALWAYS read your packet label!!
- You can do so many different fillings with this- put in whatever you fancy!
- If you put a lot of filling in then you might want to cook it off a bit before you put it in the pie, i.e. fry off your veggies
- If using meat ensure you either cook it before or allow enough time for it to cook through thoroughly!
If you enjoyed this Cheat’s Homemade Pizza Pie recipe, have a look at my Jude Rivers Recipes!
Please like and share this post and don’t forget to sign up to my weekly newsletter so you never miss a post!