Welcome to my Cheat’s Homemade Coronation Chicken recipe! My cheat’s sausage rolls and pizza pie have been popular on the blog so I thought I would turn my hand to an easy Cheat’s Homemade Coronation Chicken recipe for you!
I love coronation chicken and it reminds me of home as my Granny makes a lovely one! This one is a bit of a cheat’s version and is also dairy free! This is a really good recipe to make with leftovers on a Sunday night after roast dinner or to cook some chicken breasts or thighs especially for! There are lots of serving options too- have a look at the bottom of this post! Enjoy!
Cheat’s Homemade Coronation Chicken
- Around 300gs cooked chicken (I used 3 chicken breasts)
- 100g sultanas
- 100g mango chutney
- 200g mayonnaise – or to taste (ensure DF if following DF diet)
- 2-3 teaspoons of curry powder – to taste
- Cut up your chicken
- Add in the sultanas and mango chutney and mix
- Add the mayonnaise to taste
- Add the curry powder to taste
- And serve!
- This amount is about 4 portions
- In this one I served mine on a Deli Kitchen Flat Bread and it was amazing!
- This tastes great in sandwiches, wraps, with any type of bread…
- Also lovely in the summer with a salad
- Or for a hot meal- with a toasty jacket potato!
- Great picnic idea too
Mix it up
- You can mix up this recipe by adding some fresh mango, Granny uses the small pots of chopped mango that you can buy in syrup, they keep well and are easy to use
- If you are not on a DF diet you can also include some yogurt which gives a fab taste!
If you enjoyed this post, please like, share and subscribe to my newsletter at the very bottom of this page!
I would love to know how you get on if you make this Cheat’s Homemade Coronation Chicken Recipe, tag me with #juderiversbakes !
Read more of my recipes here!
Like my FACEBOOK PAGE