Hello and welcome to my Cheat’s Crispy Jacket Potatoes recipe! As with my other recipes in my cheats series it’s more of a technique than an actual recipe… If you haven’t seen my Cheat’s Sausage Rolls, Pizza Pie or Coronation Chicken, go and check them out too!
So, on with the recipe!
I love a roast potato that’s been properly cooked in the oven, but this usually takes over an hour and let’s face it- who has the time?
The trick to Cheat’s Crispy Jacket Potatoes is that you cook them in the microwave which cuts out so much time! Then with a quick blitz in the oven with some frylight (or other oil) and some salt they come out super crispy!
Cheat’s Crispy Jacket Potatoes
- As many potatoes as you want to cook- I usually do one per person
- Frylight - I use sunflower oil
- Pinch of salt
- Heat your oven to 220 / 200 fan
- Stab your potatoes a bit with a knife
- Put them in the microwave on high for about 15 mins for 2, you will need to add a bit more time if you put more in at once...
- Test that the pots are cooked by seeing if a knife will go through them easily
- Once cooked put on to a prepared baking tray and spray with frylight and sprinkle with salt
- Cook for 10 -15 mins until crispy!
- And serve!
Whatever you like! I went for olive oil spread (love butter but I am dairy free!) and some tuna mayo!! Super tasty!!
Read more of my recipes here!
Like my FACEBOOK PAGE