Hello and welcome to Halloween Week on Jude Rivers! First up this week is a spooky tea or lunch- butternut squash soup, you could always change your squash to pumpkin to make it even more halloweeny!! Enjoy!
Easy Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- 1 small butternut squash
- 2 carrots
- 1 small sweet potato
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 4 Oxo cubes
- Squirt of garlic puree r 2 garlic cloves
- Peel and chop your vege and add all to a large saucepan
- Add the oxo cubes- I used a mix of chicken and vege but you can just use vege to keep it vegetarian
- Add a squirt of garlic paste or chop up your garlic cloves and add
- cover with boiling water until the vege is just covered
- Cook for 30 mins or until the vege is all cooked- a sharp knife should slip easily through the vege
- Let it cool
- Blitz- I used a hand held blender but you can put it all in a mixer if you prefer
- Serves about 6 depending on serving size
So there you have it! Super easy and would make a great starter at a dinner party or for a special occasion!
If you liked this post please like and share it! Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter at the very bottom of this page!
Read more of my recipes here!
Like my FACEBOOK PAGE