Welcome to my post about how to roast a chicken! This is a pretty simple post really but I understand that timings on a roast dinner and especially how long to cook your meat can be quite tricky. This is something I found difficult until I found the Good Food Roast Timer. Literally a life changer! You put in your meat and it’s weight and it tells you for how long and at what temperature you should cook your meat. It’s never let me down yet! So here’s what I do to roast a chicken…
How to roast a chicken
- 1 chicken
- Frylight / grease
- Weigh your chicken or have a look on the packet for the weight
- Use the Good Food Roast Calculator to work out the timings
- Put your oven on and make sure your oven is heated up to the right temperature, it's a good idea to put your oven on at the start before doing the other bits to get things started
- I very simply put my chicken in a roasting tray with some tinfoil in it
- I grease the tray with a bit of fry light or some oil and then place the chicken on the tray
- For this chicken I have sprinkled some chicken seasoning on top- you don't have to do this but it adds a bit of flavour
- You can also chop a lemon in half and stuff that inside the bird which will give you a bit of moisture as well
- Follow the steps on the roast timer
- When your chicken is cooked cover it in tin foil and a tea towel to keep it warm and rest for 5 -10 mins
- Then it's all ready to eat!!!!
How to roast a chicken in pictures
The prepped chicken ready for the oven
When it’s cooked, cover your chicken with tin foil
Cover the chicken with a tea towel to keep it warm
Ta da! Your lovely chicken is ready to cook!
If you liked this post, please like and share and don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter!
Read more of my recipes here!
Like my FACEBOOK PAGE