Welcome to another day of Blogmas and my Cheat’s Homemade Mince Pies Recipe! If you follow me on Instagram you’ll know I made these earlier this week and they’ve really put me in the Christmas mood. If you’re not already following me, head on over to my page here. This is a super easy cheat’s way of making mince pies. I bought all the ingredients ready made and made them at home and they look totally homemade.
I really like the idea of this as it looks like you’ve made lots of effort and they make a lovely gift or just something to have in store if people pop round over the festive period. As the baking is minimal they’re also super easy to make with little ones. Scroll down below the recipe to see the step by step instructions and photos!
Cheat’s Homemade Mince Pies Recipe
- 1 packet of ready rolled shortcrust pasty- I used JusRol 320g
- ½ a pack of ready rolled puff pastry - optional
- 1 small jar of ready made mince meat
- Grease- I used frylight
- Heat the oven to 190 / 160 fan
- Line a muffin or tart tin with grease
- Cut large circles of shortcrust pastry and push them in to the tin
- Cook for 10-15 mins until baked
- Add in the filling
- Put on the lids- either shortcrust or puff pastry
- If you've used puff pastry you need to turn up your oven to 200/180 fan
- Cook for 10 mins or until raised and golden
Cheat’s Homemade Mince Pies Recipe – How to
Gather your ingredients, Heat the oven to 190 / 160 fan
Line a muffin or tart tin with grease, Cut large circles of shortcrust pastry and push them in to the tin
Cook for 10-15 mins until baked, Add in the filling
Put on the lids- either shortcrust or puff pastry, If you’ve used puff pastry you need to turn up your oven to 200/180 fan
Cook for 10 mins or until raised and golden
And they’re ready to eat! I would love to see snaps of your Christmas baking, tag me on twitter using #juderiversbakes
Read more of my recipes here!
Don’t forget to come back every day in December for more Blogmas posts!
Like my FACEBOOK PAGE