This is my last posts for Christmas dinner week! I hope you’ve enjoyed it! One of the things at Christmas most people love is Christmas pudding but I have to say I’m not a fan! I think it’s always nice to offer a different option on Christmas day or if you’ve got any other entertaining coming up over the festive period this one is a great idea!
Lemon Pudding Recipe
- 100g butter / margarine
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon - juice and rind
- 250g self raising flour
- 1 small jar of lemon curd
- Heat your oven to 170 /150 fan
- Cream the butter / marge and sugar
- Mix in the eggs
- Add in the juice and rind of the lemon
- Add in 2 tablespoons of lemon curd
- Mix in the flour
- Find a suitable cooking bowl / pudding basin- I used a Pyrex one
- Empty the remainder of the leomn curd in to the bottom of the bowl and slightly smear it up the sides
- Add in your mixture
- Place the bowl in a ban marie (tray with water - see below)
- Cook for an hour to an hour and a half or until a knife comes out clean
- To serve place your serving dish on top of the bowl like a lid and quickly flip it out
Lemon Pudding – How To
Cook your pudding in a ban marie
Flip over to serve!
Don’t forget to come back every day in December for more Blogmas posts!
If you liked this post please like and share it! Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter at the very bottom of this page!
Read more of my recipes here!
Like my FACEBOOK PAGE