Welcome to another Blogmas recipe! I love this recipe idea as it has a lovely home made feel to it, but actually most of the hard work has been done for you! They taste so much better than the shop bought versions and you don’t have to mess about with trying to make puff pastry.
My favourite sausage stuffing mix to use for this is the Waitrose apricot one it’s only around at certain times of the year and it’s on sale now as it’s Christmas.
I love this recipe over Christmas when you have people popping in it’s a really nice treat to offer
Easy Cheat’s Sausage Rolls Recipe
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- 1 packet of sausage stuffing
- Unroll your puff pastry sheet and cut it in half lengthways so you have two long pieces
- Prepare a beaten egg to use as an egg wash
- Egg wash your pieces of pastry
- Cut your stuffing mix in to four lengthways (my fave is the Waitrose apricot stuffing mix)
- Two pieces of meet should fit lengthways inside your pastry sheets
- Pull the two sides of the sheet up to meet at the top and pinch together
- Cut to your desired length (about 2 inches makes about 15)
- Egg Wash your sausage rolls
- Cook on a hot oven - puff pastry only likes a really hot oven! 200 C Fan for 15- 20 minutes
- If you do bigger rolls that I have they may take a bit longer to cook!
Easy Cheat’s Sausage Rolls – How to
Don’t forget to come back every day in December for more Blogmas posts!
Like my FACEBOOK PAGE