Welcome to my Apple Cinnamon Chocolate Bun recipe, I love making buns, they’re so easy to whip up and they cook really quickly, so if you have people coming over or you’re invited somewhere and you want to take something. The other thing I like about them is there isn’t the presentation pressure of just one cake, if you have a couple of buns that don’t turn out as pretty as the others, just eat those as your ‘taste testers’. These are also dairy free and gluten free. Excellent.
Apple Cinnamon Chocolate Bun Recipe
- 100g olive oil spread
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tablespoon almond milk (or cow’s milk if not using dairy free option)
- 220g self raising flour (gluten free if using GF option)
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder (gluten free if using GF option)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (few shakes)
- 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips (dairy free if using DF option)
- 2 medium eating apples
- Brown sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Heat the oven to 180/ 160 fan
- Cream together the olive oil spread and caster sugar until pale and fluffy
- Add in the eggs and almond milk
- Once mixed together, add in the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder and cinnamon
- Mix in the choc chips
- Core and dice the eating apples and mix those in to the mixture as well
- Line the tray with paper cases and fill the cases with the mixture to ¾ full
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until just golden on top
- Remove from the tin and dry on a rack
- Decorate how you wish- I sprinkled mine with brown sugar
I have just sprinkled the tops of these with some brown sugar but these could be decorated with runny icing or a thick buttercream or soft cheese cream icing. They would be really fun to make with children and decorated with sprinkles! I love a good sprinkle!
- To make them a bit healthier, don’t add in the choc chips!
- Although these are buns, not muffins, I use muffin cases and a muffin baking tray as I love a large bun!
Like my FACEBOOK PAGE