Hey everyone, I hope you’ve all got through Blue Monday and have a spring in your step this week. I certainly feel a lot better knowing we are over the half way mark in January and after my Christmas food fest I have got back in to my baking a bit… I have previously blogged a recipe for #glutenfree and #dairyfree flapjacks, but this one is a classic and I think the Ultimate Flapjack recipe…
Ultimate Flapjacks – The Recipe
- 150g butter
- 75g light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 250g porridge oats
- 100g finely chopped dried apricots
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan
- Grease the bottom of a 20cm square tin then line it with baking parchment - or I used two loaf tin liners because I am lazy...
- Put the butter, sugar and golden syrup into a medium pan and melts, stir and be careful it doesn't catch
- Put the dry ingredients in to a bowl and mix
- When the butter mix is runny add it to the dry mix and make sure to cover each oat in the mixture
- Put it in the tin and push down with the back of a spoon
- Bake for 25 minutes or until brown around the sides
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool down fin the tray
- Once cool, cut the flapjack however you want!
Pic below shows the raw flapjack ready for the oven
Have you been baking yet this year, let me know in the comments below!
Like my FACEBOOK PAGE